Monday, October 13, 2014

Politics as usual

Met a fine guy who came by to say hi!
On his way to Congress is what he said.
Just need your vote and we'll be out of the red!
How do you plan to do this I queried?
Like a squirrel chasing a nut the details in his response did scurry
Take your time I'm in no hurry, besides this ain't no trial and I'm far from a jury.
Funny enough, his response was short and somewhat gruff,
"More time" is not what I need from you my friend,
Your vote for me is all that matters in the end.
So what do you say, on your vote can I depend?
To which I replied, "not quite sure" and "cannot say" as I've recently met others like you who spoke the same way.
The problem is that no choice is great, and so between the lesser of two evils I'm forced to debate.




No comments:

Post a Comment